The organization meeting of the Ontario Chapter of the Canadian Division of the Society was held on September 15, 1922 at the Engineer's Club and the University of Toronto.
The Ontario Chapter was organized in Spring of the same year but so close to the date of the Semi-Annual meeting that a satisfactory arrangement for an organization meeting, to be attended by the officials of the Society, was impossible, so the meeting was deferred until September 15. This permitted an excellent attendance from the Chapters of the adjoining states. The meeting was preceded by a testimonial dinner at the Engineers Club where the visitors were welcomed by the Ontario Chapter members after which the gathering adjourned to the auditorium in the Mining Engineering Building in the University of Toronto. The organization meeting was called to order by the President M. F. Thomas, who outlined the development of the Society work in Ontario and referred briefly to possibilities of advancing the Society’s work in the Province.In 1982, the Ontario Chapter changed its name to the Toronto Chapter.